3 Ingredient Chocolate Ice Lolly Recipe
Yes, you heard me right.....
For a hot day
With 3 ingredients
Made in 2 minutes
What could be better?! And an extra plus....they taste incredible, if I do say so myself.
I have never been the biggest ice cream fan, I know, crazy right?
I think the body has a funny way of telling you things before you know them, and my stomach always seemed to turn a little whenever I ate cream or ice cream or creamy hot chocolate. Fast forward 5 years or so and I live a dairy free life with much happier skin, gut, immune system...I was dairy intolerant and I had no idea.
So when it comes to frozen sweet treats like these, I am always so excited to create plant based recipes that nourish the body and don't leave me feeling sick.
These give me that Magnum feel with none of the repercussions that I would have experienced!
Here's your fun fact of the day!
Did you know that cacao is the most powerful antioxidants in the world?! Now stay with me, that doesn't necessarily mean we can eat a whole chocolate bar and think that that is anti-inflammatory for your body...
What is great about something like these lollipops, they use antioxidant rich cacao to give you that chocolatey feel without using any actual chocolate needed (apart from potentially dipping them afterwards) so it's the best of both worlds!
What is an antioxidant? Well, basically antioxidants are powerhouses that inhibit oxidation, a chemical reaction within your body that produces free radicals and chain reactions that damage your cells. Oxidation has huge links with inflammation, autoimmunity and destruction of our cells, so packing our bodies full of antioxidant rich foods is a great thing to do!
So let's get down to it!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp - 1 tbsp of maple syrup (depending on your tastes)
- 1 tsp Maca Powder (for its hormone balancing powers)
- A pinch of sea salt (for its electrolyte balancing powers)
- 1 tbsp collagen (for its gut loving powers)
1. Throw all of the ingredients in to a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
2. Have a taste and adjust accordingly
3. Pour into lollipop moulds (or any silicon moulds - the more creative the better!) and freeze
4. Drizzle/dip with dark chocolate, chopped nuts or just enjoy as they are!
If you make these bad boys - don't forget to tag me on Instagram @joyfuellednutrition